To learn wedding photography in view of starting a career in wedding photography isn’t necessarily the same as simply having learned photography before. A successful wedding photographer must also have certain other skills and abilities if he is to be an in-demand brisbane wedding photographers. Not to mention knowing what shots he must take and how to exactly set them up.
You should also ask yourself first if being a wedding photographer is likely to suit you. Inter-personal skills are very important if you are intending on becoming a professional wedding photographer. There will be times where you need to direct people to do the things you need them too, this includes small children who would much rather smear wedding cake on your brand new lens rather than pose.
What Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before You Learn Wedding Photography
Before taking the plunge and deciding to learn wedding photography in view of a career in the same, there are some questions you can ask yourself first. Answering ‘Yes’ to the following can be a very good indicator that wedding photography might well be a good photography career for you, it may also show you some areas you need to brush up on.
• Are you prepared to mostly shoot at weekends?
• Can you interact with people well, but at the same time know when to hold back?
• Do you mind using possibly a great deal of time touching-up photographs?
• Do you have a good focus on customer satisfaction (no pun intended)?
• Do you have a good business mind? No matter what form of freelance photography you choose, this point is very important if you intend pursuing a photography career.
A Close-up of Important Wedding Photography Business Points
The above questions cover some broad points, but very important ones in my view. For example…
1. inter-action with people is necessary from the outset of pitching to potential clients, right through to the actual wedding, and if you’re of a more introverted disposition, this may very well cause problems. In that case landscape/travel photography may be more suitable for you, either that, or you will have to develop a more outgoing nature.
2. At least learning the basics of Photoshop can be important when it comes to editing the shots. In wedding photography learning to use some of the various tools such as the clone tool, amongst others, as well as having it set up for customized work-flow will save you much time and also give you the kind of shots that’ll satisfy the most picky of customers.
3. If you really want to make your wedding business a sustainable one, then understanding some business basics is important if you learn wedding photography. There’s a big difference between being a hobbyist photographer and earning a bit of extra cash on the side, rather than being a wedding photographer sydney trying to make a living from your photography.
Learning some of the do’s and dont’s business wise from a professional wedding photographer in the beginning can be an important step, especially where contracts and legalities are concerned.